by Autumnrose, May 24, 2008
A possible reason for a drought.
It's ironic that tears of a bruised sky heal,
That we're nourished by its pain.
Here we are, begging it to weep
When no one questions why it withholds.
It's just a thought, but
Wouldn't the sky delight in seeing
Our pesticide-laced fields dry?
Our wasteful yachts run aground
As we discover just how much
We've taken advantage of its tears?
I know if I were the sky right now,
I'd be pretty pissed.I'd be like: I gave you this gift for so many years
But now enough is enough.
You're abusing it with avaricious stuff!
I'd be filled with angry, savage joy.
I sympathize with the sky.
I know I wouldn't cry.
For more by Autumn Rose please click here https://www.triond.com/users/Autumnrose
A Few Talented Writers And Friends
- Jackie Stroud's Triond Profile
- Christy Tuller's Triond Profile
- Hein Marais' Triond Profile
- Rebecca Anne Grant's Triond Profile
- Catherine South's Triond Profile
- Kristine Scurry's Triond Profile
- Rachel Faye's Triond Profile
- Autumnrose's Triond Profile
- Ruben Etienne's Triond Profile
- Glynis Smy's Triond Profile
- B Nelson's Triond Profile