by diane mccloskey, Jul 29, 2008
To he who understood the imaginings of childhood. We are forever grateful.
All he did was rhyme.And he made up words, and he made up creaturesAnd he made up ridiculous scenarios.And the more ridiculous, the better.And he illustrated some and the illustrations were as crazy as the plots.Sometimes there were no plots, no reason, no rhyme.Still his popularity soared.Parents cherished him--children adored him…Over and over and over.The Cat in the Hat,One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.Children understood him,Parents could read him,He most definitely understood children.He has resonated through generations,As popular now as he was then--Timeless.May he reign forever in the hearts of babesAnd the young at heart as well.Our dearest friendWe love him soSo many booksWe've come to knowDr. Suess,You're our best friendWe'll always love you,Start to end.
A Few Talented Writers And Friends
- Jackie Stroud's Triond Profile
- Christy Tuller's Triond Profile
- Hein Marais' Triond Profile
- Rebecca Anne Grant's Triond Profile
- Catherine South's Triond Profile
- Kristine Scurry's Triond Profile
- Rachel Faye's Triond Profile
- Autumnrose's Triond Profile
- Ruben Etienne's Triond Profile
- Glynis Smy's Triond Profile
- B Nelson's Triond Profile