by Glynis Smy, Nov 19, 2008
The mountains and hills of Cyprus hold many secrets and every year the secret feeds us all.
Distant hills of time
Jagged rocks hold close,
the secrets of days gone by,
Mountainous layers divine, reveal,
show history to this absorbing mind,
delight my soul, break through the clouds
release your vibrant energy.
Foot trodden mounds and beaten ground,
life erupts from beneath your beating heart,
sustenance and beauty combine,
dressing green, distant hills of time.
Voices from the past,
echo around your creviced paths,
whispers of time gone by,
the lushness of your body sustains,
breathes life from distant hills of time.
There is a beautiful photo with the original poem. I highly recomend that you click the title of the poem so you can view it as well!- MrsT
To see more from Glynis please visit her here https://www.triond.com/users/Glynis+Smy
A Few Talented Writers And Friends
- Jackie Stroud's Triond Profile
- Christy Tuller's Triond Profile
- Hein Marais' Triond Profile
- Rebecca Anne Grant's Triond Profile
- Catherine South's Triond Profile
- Kristine Scurry's Triond Profile
- Rachel Faye's Triond Profile
- Autumnrose's Triond Profile
- Ruben Etienne's Triond Profile
- Glynis Smy's Triond Profile
- B Nelson's Triond Profile